The Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street segment is the third construction segment along the corridor, between Somersville Road/Auto Center Dr. and Lone Tree Way/A Street. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Contra Loma Boulevard//L Street to just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street. The project includes providing a full diamond interchange at Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street, a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit (BART) and eliminating the G Street on- and off-ramps.
CC Myers, Inc.
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in March 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in fall 2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – September 2015
- Open all lanes of Contra Loma/L Street-October 2015
- Open all westbound lanes and ramps-October 2015
- Open all eastbound lanes to Somersville Road and 3 eastbound lanes to A Street/Lone Tree Way-October 2015
Recently Completed Work:
- Switched the eastbound SR4 traffic to the newly constructed interior lanes to allow the completion of the remaining highway improvements.
- Switched the northbound and southbound Contra Loma Boulevard/ L Street traffic to the newly completed exterior lanes to allow the construction of the new median.
- Switched the westbound traffic to the inside lanes to allow the completion of the sound wall on the new Contra Loma westbound bridge.
- Completed the inside westbound lanes and eBART barrier.
- Completed the PG&E overhead electrical relocations on Contra Loma Boulevard at Buchanan Road.
- Completed the eBART bridge and the SR4 exterior bridges at Contra Loma/ L Street.
- Completed the realignment of Claudia Court.
- Start construction of the sound wall on the westbound Contra Loma bridge.
- Complete the construction of the remaining interior lanes and the eBART median.
- Continue the construction of the median improvements on Contra Loma/L Street .
- Install slope paving at the Contra Loma and G Street bridges.
- Install signals, street lighting and ramp metering at various locations of the project.