The Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street segment is the third construction segment along the corridor, between Somersville Road/Auto Center Dr. and Lone Tree Way/A Street. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Contra Loma Boulevard//L Street to just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street. The project includes providing a full diamond interchange at Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street, a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit (eBART) and eliminating the G Street on- and off-ramps.
CC Myers, Inc.
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in March 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in mid-2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – OCTOBER 2014
- Switch westbound Highway 4 traffic onto new inside roadway to accommodate soundwall completion - Winter 2014
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed the eastbound and westbound Highway 4 traffic switch onto the new outside roadway to accommodate median widening.
- Continued construction of retaining walls at various locations on the project.
- Continued placing masonry block for sound wall construction at various locations on the project.
- Demo old roadway alignment for stage 6
- Continued work on various drainage systems throughout the project
- Continue work on Contra Loma utility crossing
- Begin CIDH piles for Contra Loma UP
- Begin preparing the jobsite for winter rain
- PG&E relocations completed at retaining wall 13