The Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street segment is the third construction segment along the corridor, between Somersville Road/Auto Center Dr. and Lone Tree Way/A Street. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Contra Loma Boulevard//L Street to just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street. The project includes providing a full diamond interchange at Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street, a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit (eBART) and eliminating the G Street on- and off-ramps.
CC Myers, Inc.
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in March 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in mid-2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – APRIL 2014
- Switch eastbound and westbound Highway 4 traffic onto new outside roadway to accommodate median widening – Spring 2014
Recently Completed Work:
- Continued construction of retaining walls at various locations on the project.
- Poured lean concrete base for eastbound and westbound of Highway 4.
- Continue pouring lean concrete base for eastbound and westbound widening of Highway 4.
- Pour jointed plane concrete pavement for eastbound and westbound widening of Highway 4.
- Continue construction of retaining walls at various locations on the project, including along southbound Contra Loma Boulevard between Buchanan Road and Fitzuren Road.
- Begin placing masonry block for sound wall construction at various locations on the project.