The Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street segment is the third construction segment along the corridor, between Somersville Road/Auto Center Dr. and Lone Tree Way/A Street. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Contra Loma Boulevard//L Street to just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street. The project includes providing a full diamond interchange at Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street, a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit (eBART) and eliminating the G Street on- and off-ramps.
CC Myers, Inc.
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in March 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in mid-2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – November 2014
- Switch the westbound Highway 4 traffic onto the new inside roadway to accommodate the soundwall completion on the westbound Contra Loma bridge - Spring 2015
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed the eastbound and westbound Highway 4 traffic switch onto the new outside roadway to accommodate median widening.
- Completed the demolition of the existing Contra Loma bridge in the median.
- Completed removal of the existing roadway and median.
- Completed PG&E overhead electrical relocations on Contra Loma Boulevard at Buchanan Road.
- Continue work on various drainage systems throughout the project.
- Complete foundation of Contra Loma bridges.
- Start construction of remaining interior lanes and median of Highway 4.
- Start construction of local street improvements on Contra Loma/L Street between the on and off ramps.