The Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street segment is the third construction segment along the corridor, between Somersville Road/Auto Center Dr. and Lone Tree Way/A Street. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Contra Loma Boulevard//L Street to just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street. The project includes providing a full diamond interchange at Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street, a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit (eBART) and eliminating the G Street on- and off-ramps.
CC Myers, Inc.
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in March 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in Fall of 2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – July 2015
- Switch the westbound Highway 4 traffic onto the new inside roadway to accommodate the soundwall completion on the westbound Contra Loma bridge – Summer 2015
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed removal of the existing roadway and median.
- Completed PG&E overhead electrical relocations on Contra Loma Boulevard at Buchanan Road.
- Completed eBART bridge and SR4 exterior bridges at Contra Loma/ L Street.
- Completed realignment of Claudia Court.
- Continue work on various drainage systems throughout the project.
- Complete construction of remaining interior lanes and median of Highway 4.
- Continue construction of local street improvements on Contra Loma/L Street between the on and off ramps.
- Switch eastbound and westbound SR4 traffic to newly constructed interior lanes to allow completion of remaining highway improvements.
- Switch northbound and southbound Contra Loma Boulevard/ L Street traffic to the newly completed exterior lanes to allow construction of new median.