The Hillcrest Avenue segment is the fifth and final construction segment along the main project corridor, ending in the city of Antioch. The project will widen the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane. The project includes a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit (eBART), as well as provisions for a new eBART station just east of Hillcrest Avenue.
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in March 2013 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in late 2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – June 2015
- Switch westbound traffic to the newly constructed westbound interior lanes to allow construction of remaining westbound and eastbound lanes-Fall 2015
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed westbound traffic switch to the newly constructed JPCP lanes on January 31, 2015.
- Completed eastbound traffic switch to newly constructed JPCP lanes from Hillcrest off-ramp to Hwy 160 on August 1st.
- Construction of retaining walls and sound walls at various locations on the project.
- Continued electrical work at various locations on the project.
- Completed construction of temporary westbound off ramp.
- Continue construction of the Hillcrest Bridge Superstructure.
- Continue construction of retaining walls at various locations on the project.
- Continue electrical work at various locations on the project.
- Erect eBART public overcrossing.
- Continue construction of the eBART Maintenance Tunnel.
- Start construction of the eBART Station Platform.