The Hillcrest Avenue segment is the fifth and final construction segment along the main project corridor, ending in the city of Antioch. The project will widen the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane. The project includes a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit (eBART), as well as provisions for a new eBART station just east of Hillcrest Avenue.
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in March 2013 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in late 2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – DECEMBER 2013
- Switch westbound Highway 4 traffic onto eastbound roadway – Summer 2014
Recently Completed Work:
- Continued construction of new roadway for eastbound widening of Highway 4.
- Continued construction of retaining walls and sound walls at various locations on the project.
- Continue construction of new roadway for eastbound widening of Highway 4.
- Continue construction of retaining walls at various locations on the project.
- Continue construction of sound walls at various locations on the project.