The Hillcrest Avenue segment is the fifth and final construction segment along the main project corridor, ending in the city of Antioch. The project will widen the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane. The project includes median wide enough to accommodate mass transit (eBART), as well as provisions for a new eBART station just east of Hillcrest Avenue.
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in March 2013 and is expected to be complete in late 2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – MAY 2013
- Begin construction of the foundations for the Hillcrest Avenue bridge widening – Spring 2013
RECENTLY COMPLETED WORK
- Installed temporary roadway striping and temporary concrete barriers at various location on the project..
- Began temporary drainage system installation on the south side of Hwy4 east of Hillcrest Avenue.
- Removed existing overhead sign structure on eastbound Hwy4.
- Began electrical work and modification of existing traffic signals at Hillcrest Avenue.
- Performed temporary asphalt paving on ramps and Hwy4 median.
- Begin construction of retaining walls at various locations on the project.
- Continue electrical work including installation of temporary lighting at various locations on the project.
- Begin installation of drainage work and City of Antioch water line relocation on the north side of the project.