The Hillcrest Avenue segment is the fifth and final construction segment along the main project corridor, ending in the city of Antioch. The project will widen the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane. The project includes a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit (eBART), as well as provisions for a new eBART station just east of Hillcrest Avenue.
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in March 2013 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in late 2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – AUGUST 2014
- Switch westbound Highway 4 traffic into median to accommodate westbound roadway widening – Summer 2014
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed eastbound traffic switch to newly constructed JPCP lanes from Hillcrest off-ramp to Hwy 160 on August 1st.
- Construction of retaining walls and sound walls at various locations on the project.
- Continued electrical work at various locations on the project.
- Continue construction of new roadway for eastbound widening of Highway 4 placing jointed plane concrete pavement.
- Construct embankment for new westbound off-ramp to Hillcrest Avenue and Slatten Ranch Road.
- Continue construction of retaining walls at various locations on the project.
- Continue electrical work at various locations on the project.
- Prepare for the upcoming milestone traffic switch
- Begin construction of the eBART Entryhouse.