The Hillcrest Avenue segment is the fifth and final construction segment along the main project corridor, ending in the city of Antioch. The project will widen the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane. The project includes a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit (BART), as well as provisions for a new BART station just east of Hillcrest Avenue.
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in March 2013 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in the summer of 2016.
PROJECT UPDATE – June 2016
- Opening the eastbound SR4 exit ramp to full capacity ( 2 exit lanes at SR4 and 5 lanes at the Hillcrest Avenue)-June 2016.
- Opening the westbound SR4 entrance ramp(for southbound Hillcrest Avenue traffic) at Hillcrest Avenue June-2016
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed the construction of the new westbound loop on ramp.
- Opened the westbound SR4 mainline to full capacity between the SR4 / SR160 connector ramp and A Street / Lone Tree Way.
- Opened the eastbound SR4 freeway to full capacity between Cavallo Road and the SR4/SR160 connector ramp.
- Complete the construction of the Hillcrest Bridge Superstructure.
- Continue the electrical work at various locations on the project.
- Complete reconstructing of the westbound on ramp.
- Complete the intersection improvements at the Hillcrest Avenue/ E. Tregallas Road / Larkspur Drive Road intersection.
- Complete the construction of the final portion of the eastbound on ramp and adjoining Hillcrest Avenue widening improvements.
- Complete the intersection Improvements at the Sunset Drive/ Hillcrest Avenue intersection.