The Lone Tree Way/A Street segment is the fourth segment along the corridor, between Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street and Hillcrest Avenue. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street to just west of Hillcrest Avenue. The project includes reconstruction of the Lone Tree Way/A Street Interchange and widening the highway median to accommodate mass transit (eBART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in August 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in late 2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – June 2015
- Switch westbound Highway 4 traffic onto the new westbound A Street bridge to allow construction the adjoining roadway improvements-June 2015
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed demolition of existing eastbound Cavallo Bridge
- Switched eastbound traffic onto new westbound Cavallo Bridge to allow construction of the remaining eastbound Highway 4 improvements.
- Completed the construction of the foundations for portions of the eastbound Lone Tree/A Street bridge.
- Completed the construction of the foundation for the Lone Tree/A Street eBART bridge.
- Completed the construction of the foundation for the westbound Cavallo Road bridge .
- Completed the construction of the foundation for the Cavallo Road eBART bridge.
- Completed the traffic switch of westbound Highway 4 traffic into median to accommodate the westbound Highway 4 widening.
- Completed the construction of an interior portion of the Pedestrian Undercrossing east of Lone Tree/A Street.
- Continue construction of various drainage improvements on the project.
- Continue construction of the the westbound Highway 4 interior lanes and median between G Street and Hillcrest Avenue.
- Complete construction of the superstructure for a protion the eastbound Lone Tree Way/ A Street bridge.
- Continue construction of the superstructure for the eBART bridge at Lone Tree Way/ A Street.
- Complete construction of the superstructure for the eBART bridge at Cavallo Road .
- Continue construction of various retaining walls throughout the project.
- Demo existing eastbound highway between A street/Lone Tree Way and Hillcrest Ave.
- Start construction of the foundations of the eastbound Cavallo Bridge.
- Switch westbound Traffic onto new Westbound A Street Bridge.
- Demo existing westbound A Street Bridge.
- Start construction of new westbound A Street Bridge.