The Lone Tree Way/A Street segment is the fourth segment along the corridor, between Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street and Hillcrest Avenue. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street to just west of Hillcrest Avenue. The project includes reconstruction of the Lone Tree Way/A Street Interchange and widening the highway median to accommodate mass transit (BART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in August 2012 and the majority of the segment is expected to be open to traffic in the summer of 2016.
PROJECT UPDATE – May 2016
- Opening the Highway 4 westbound freeway to full capacity adding an HOV lane and an auxiliary lane between the Hillcrest Avenue and A Street / Lone Tree Way interchanges-May 2, 2016.
- Opening the Highway 4 eastbound freeway to full capacity adding an HOV Lane, a multi-use lane and an auxiliary lane between Cavallo Road and the Highway 4 / SR160 connector ramp May 1, 2016.
- There will be a permanent left hand turn closure from westbound Bryan Ave. to southbound A Street starting on April 14, 2016.
- Opening the Highway 4 eastbound freeway to full capacity between L Street / Contra Loma Boulevard adding an HOV lane, a multi-use lane and an auxiliary lane between the L Street / Contra Loma Boulevard and A Street / Lone Tree Way interchanges-May 2016.
Recently Completed Work:
- Switched the Highway 4 eastbound on and off ramp traffic to the south to allow the north half of the ramps to be constructed.
- Completed the eBART median improvements for this segment.
- Opened an additional Highway 4 westbound lane between Hillcrest Avenue and A Street/ Lone Tree Way.
- Opened an additional Highway 4 eastbound exit lane between Contra Loma Boulevard and A Street / Lone Tree Way.
- Construct a new median on A Street between Highway 4 and Sunset Drive.
- Complete the construction of the eastbound Highway 4 on ramp at Lone Tree Way / A Street.
- Complete the construction of the eastbound Highway 4 off ramp at Lone Tree Way / A Street.
- Continue the construction of the Sunset Drive Extension.
- Continue construction of the remaining Lone Tree Way / A Street widening work under the newly constructed Lone Tree Way / A Street bridge.
- Complete construction of the sound wall along the Highway 4 eastbound mainline between A Street / Lone Tree Way and Hillcrest Avenue.