The Lone Tree Way/A Street segment is the fourth segment along the corridor, between Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street and Hillcrest Avenue. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street to just west of Hillcrest Avenue. The project includes reconstruction of the Lone Tree Way/A Street Interchange and widening the highway median to accommodate mass transit (eBART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in August 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in late 2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – APRIL 2014
- Switch westbound Highway 4 traffic onto eastbound roadway to accommodate westbound roadway widening – Spring 2014
Recently Completed Work:
- Continued construction of new roadway for eastbound and westbound widening of Highway 4.
- Poured lean concrete base for eastbound and westbound widening of Highway 4.
- Relocated the alignment of eastbound off-ramp to Hillcrest Avenue.
- Continued construction of the widening of Lone Tree Way/A Street.
- Continued construction of retaining walls and sound walls at various locations on the project.
- Continue pouring lean concrete base for new roadway for eastbound and westbound widening of Highway 4.
- Pour jointed plane concrete pavement in westbound median of Highway 4.
- Begin placing masonry block for sound wall construction at various locations on the project.
- Continue widening of Lone Tree Way/A Street.