The Lone Tree Way/A Street segment is the fourth segment along the corridor, between Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street and Hillcrest Avenue. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street to just west of Hillcrest Avenue. The project includes reconstruction of the Lone Tree Way/A Street Interchange and widening the highway median to accommodate mass transit (BART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in August 2012 and the majority of the segment is expected to be open to traffic in the spring of 2016.
PROJECT UPDATE – February 2016
- Switch eastbound Highway 4 traffic onto the new eastbound Cavallo Road bridge to allow the construction of the remaining median improvements-January 2016
- Open additional westbound Highway 4 lanes between Hillcrest Avenue and A Street / Lone Tree Way-January 2016
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed the demolition of the existing eastbound highway between Lone Tree Way / A street and Hillcrest Avenue.
- Completed the demolition of the existing eastbound A Street bridge
- Completed the demolition of the existing eastbound Cavallo bridge
- Switched the eastbound traffic onto the new westbound Cavallo bridge to allow construction of the remaining eastbound Highway 4 improvements.
- Switched the westbound traffic onto the new westbound A Street/Lone Tree Way bridge.
- Switch traffic onto the newly completed eastbound lanes and eastbound Cavallo bridge.
- Continue the construction of the various drainage improvements on the project.
- Complete the construction of the eastbound Highway 4 interior lanes and median between G Street and Hillcrest Avenue.
- Complete the construction of the new eastbound Cavallo bridge.
- Complete the construction of the new eastbound Lone Tree Way / A Street bridge.
- Continue the Construction of the Sunset Extension.
- Open an additional westbound lane and a westbound axillary lane between Hillcrest Avenue and Lone Tree Way / A Street.
- Continue construction of the remaining Lone Tree Way / A Street widening work under the newly constructed Lone Tree Way / A Street bridge.