The Lone Tree Way/A Street segment is the fourth segment along the corridor, between Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street and Hillcrest Avenue. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street to just west of Hillcrest Avenue. The project includes reconstruction of the Lone Tree Way/A Street Interchange and widening the highway median to accommodate mass transit (BART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in August 2012 and the majority of the segment is expected to be open to traffic in the summer of 2016.
PROJECT UPDATE – January 2017
- Project Completion-February 2017
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed the eBART median improvements for this segment.
- Opened the Highway 4 westbound freeway to full capacity adding an HOV lane and an auxiliary lane between the Hillcrest Avenue and A Street / Lone Tree Way interchanges.
- Opened the Highway 4 eastbound freeway to full capacity(with the exception auxiliary lane and the L Street / Contra Loma Boulevard eastbound on ramp) between Cavallo Road and the Highway 4 / SR160 connector ramp.
- Opened the eastbound Auxiliary Lane between A Street / Lone Tree Way and Hillcrest Avenue.
- Opened A Street/ Lone Tree Way to full capacity.
- Opened the L Street / Contra Loma Boulevard eastbound on ramp.
- Opened Sunset Drive Extension
- Work on various punch list items and final project clean up.