The Lone Tree Way/A Street segment is the fourth segment along the corridor, between Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street and Hillcrest Avenue. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street to just west of Hillcrest Avenue. The project includes reconstruction of the Lone Tree Way/A Street Interchange and widening the highway median to accommodate mass transit (BART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in August 2012 and the majority of the segment is expected to be open to traffic in the spring of 2016.
PROJECT UPDATE – September 2015
- Switch eastbound Highway 4 traffic onto the new eastbound Cavallo Road bridge to allow the construction of the remaining median improvements-November 2015
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed the demolition of the existing eastbound highway between A street/Lone Tree Way and Hillcrest Ave.
- Completed the demolition of the existing eastbound A Street Bridge
- Completed the demolition of the existing eastbound Cavallo Bridge
- Switched the eastbound traffic onto the new westbound Cavallo Bridge to allow construction of the remaining eastbound Highway 4 improvements.
- Switched the westbound traffic onto the new westbound A Street/Lone Tree Way Bridge.
- Continue the construction of the various drainage improvements on the project.
- Continue the construction of the eastbound Highway 4 interior lanes and median between G Street and Hillcrest Avenue.
- Continue the construction of the various retaining walls throughout the project.
- Continue the construction of the new eastbound Cavallo Bridge.
- Continue the construction of the new eastbound A Street Bridge.
- Continue the Construction of the Sunset Extension.