The Lone Tree Way/A Street segment is the fourth segment along the corridor, between Contra Loma Boulevard/L Street and Hillcrest Avenue. The project will expand the highway from four to eight lanes, including three mixed flow lanes and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane, from just west of Lone Tree Way/A Street to just west of Hillcrest Avenue. The project includes reconstruction of the Lone Tree Way/A Street Interchange and widening the highway median to accommodate mass transit (eBART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in August 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic in late 2015.
PROJECT UPDATE – November 2014
- Switch the eastbound Highway 4 traffic onto the new westbound Cavallo bridge to allow the construction of the eastbound Cavallo bridge and adjoining roadway improvements- Spring 2015
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed the traffic switch of westbound Highway 4 traffic into median to accommodate the westbound Highway 4 widening.
- Completed the demolition of the existing Lone Tree Way/A Street bridge.
- Completed the demolition of the existing Cavallo Road bridge.
- Completed the demolition and removal of the interior lanes and median of Highway 4.
- Complete the construction of the foundation for the Lone Tree Way/A Street bridge.
- Complete the construction of the foundation for the Cavallo Road bridge.
- Construct various drainage improvements on the project.
- Construct the westbound Highway 4 interior lanes and median between Hillcrest Avenue and Cavallo Road.
- Begin the construction of the interior portion of the Pedestrian Undercrossing east of Lone Tree Way/A Street.