The Sand Creek Road Interchange project continues the Highway 4 corridor improvements through to Brentwood. The project will expand the highway from two lanes to four lanes (two in each direction) from Lone Tree Way to Sand Creek Road. The project also includes the construction of the Sand Creek Road Interchange and the newly added westbound Sand Creek Road undercrossing, and will provide a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit in the future (eBART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in June 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic by late 2014.
PROJECT UPDATE – OCTOBER 2014
- Completion of second bridge at Sand Creek Road – Fall 2014
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed concrete pour for the barrier rail on the second Sand Creek Road bridge and Sand Creek bridge widening.
- Completed placement of hot mix asphalt and rubberized hot mix asphalt on the future westbound SR4 alignment.
- Completed installation of metal beam guard railing on the future westbound SR4 alignment.
- Continued placement of new pavement structural section on Sand Creek Road.
- Continued project erosion control measures.
- Continued project electrical work and drainage work.
- Complete pavement delineations, signage and vegetation control of the future westbound SR4 alignment.
- Open the new westbound SR4 alignment to traffic.
- Begin pavement delineations for eastbound SR4 alignment
- Continue placement of new pavement structural section and median on Sand Creek Road.
- Continue project erosion control measures.
- Continue placement of drainage and electrical systems.