The Sand Creek Road Interchange project continues the Highway 4 corridor improvements through to Brentwood. The project will expand the highway from two lanes to four lanes (two in each direction) from Lone Tree Way to Sand Creek Road. The project also includes the construction of the Sand Creek Road Interchange and the newly added westbound Sand Creek Road undercrossing, and will provide a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit in the future (eBART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in June 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic by late 2014.
PROJECT UPDATE – MARCH 2014
- Completion of second bridge at Sand Creek Road – Fall 2014
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed the foundations for the second Sand Creek bridge.
- Continued teh abutments and columns for the second Sand Creek bridge.
- Continued pavement delineation, signs, and guard railing.
- Continued project erosion control measures.
- Continued project electrical work.
- Continue construction of abutments and columns for the second Sand Creek Road bridge.
- Begin installation of temporary supports for the second Sand Creek bridge.
- Continue placement of signs, drainage and electrical systems.
- Continue project erosion contol meaures.