The Sand Creek Road Interchange project continues the Highway 4 corridor improvements through to Brentwood. The project will expand the highway from two lanes to four lanes (two in each direction) from Lone Tree Way to Sand Creek Road. The project also includes the construction of the Sand Creek Road Interchange and the newly added westbound Sand Creek Road undercrossing, and will provide a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit in the future (eBART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in June 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic by late 2014.
PROJECT UPDATE – SEPTEMBER 2014
- Completion of second bridge at Sand Creek Road – Fall 2014
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed placement of aggregate base on the future westbound SR4 alignment.
- Completed placement of lean concrete base on future westbound SR4 alignment.
- Continued placement of new pavement structural section and median on Sand Creek Road.
- Continued project erosion control measures.
- Continued project electrical work and drainage work.
- Complete concrete pour for the barrier rail on the second Sand Creek Road bridge and Sand Creek bridge widening.
- Complete placement of hot mix asphalt and rubberized hot mix asphalt on the future westbound SR4 alignment.
- Continue placement of new pavement structural section and median on Sand Creek Road.
- Continue project erosion control measures.
- Continue placement of drainage and electrical systems.