The Sand Creek Road Interchange project continues the Highway 4 corridor improvements through to Brentwood. The project will expand the highway from two lanes to four lanes (two in each direction) from Lone Tree Way to Sand Creek Road. The project also includes the construction of the Sand Creek Road Interchange and the newly added westbound Sand Creek Road undercrossing, and will provide a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit in the future (eBART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in June 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic by late 2014.
PROJECT UPDATE – DACEMBER 2013
- Completion of second bridge at Sand Creek Road – Fall 2014
Recently Completed Work:
- Began embankments for second Sand Creek bridge.
- Placed pavement delineations, signs, and guard railing.
- Continued project erosion control measures.
- Continued project electrical work.
- Continue embankments for second Sand Creek Road bridge.
- Continue pavement delineation and signs.
- Continue placement of drainage systems.
- Continue placement of electrical systems.