The Sand Creek Road Interchange project continues the Highway 4 corridor improvements through to Brentwood. The project will expand the highway from two lanes to four lanes (two in each direction) from Lone Tree Way to Sand Creek Road. The project also includes the construction of the Sand Creek Road Interchange and the newly added westbound Sand Creek Road undercrossing, and will provide a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit in the future (eBART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in June 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic by late 2014.
PROJECT UPDATE – JULY 2014
- Completion of second bridge at Sand Creek Road – Fall 2014
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed concrete pour for the bridge deck of the second Sand Creek Road bridge.
- Completed prestressing of the second Sand Creek Road bridge.
- Erected precast girders for the Sand Creek bridge widening.
- Continued project erosion control measures.
- Continued project electrical work and drainage work.
- Pour concrete structure approaches for the second Sand Creek Road bridge.
- Pour concrete bridge deck and structure approaches for the Sand Creek bridge widening.
- Begin placement of lean concrete base on new westbound SR4 alignment.
- Begin placement of new pavement structural section on Sand Creek Road.
- Continue project erosion control measures.
- Continue placement of drainage and electrical systems.