The Sand Creek Road Interchange project continues the Highway 4 corridor improvements through to Brentwood. The project will expand the highway from two lanes to four lanes (two in each direction) from Lone Tree Way to Sand Creek Road. The project also includes the construction of the Sand Creek Road Interchange and the newly added westbound Sand Creek Road undercrossing, and will provide a median wide enough to accommodate mass transit in the future (eBART).
Bay Cities/Myers, Joint Venture
CONSTRUCTION ALLOCATED BUDGET
Construction began in June 2012 and the segment is expected to be open to traffic by late 2014.
PROJECT UPDATE – AUGUST 2014
- Completion of second bridge at Sand Creek Road – Fall 2014
Recently Completed Work:
- Completed concrete pour for the structure approaches for the second Sand Creek Road bridge.
- Completed concrete pour for the bridge deck and structure approaches for the Sand Creek bridge widening.
- Continued project erosion control measures.
- Continued project electrical work and drainage work.
- Begin placement of lean concrete base on future westbound SR4 alignment.
- Complete placement of aggregate base on the future westbound SR4 alignment.
- Complete concrete pour for the barrier rail on the second Sand Creek Road bridge and Sand Creek bridge widening.
- Continue placement of new pavement structural section and median on Sand Creek Road.
- Continue project erosion control measures.
- Continue placement of drainage and electrical systems.